Tuesday, March 31, 2009

packing up

well I'm starting to pack up in ernest today. I leave tomorrow to start the journey north. I will keep a close watch on the weather as I don't want to arrive too early (ie. while it is still cold :-) ) I have spent quite some time checking out possible routes north..........so many different routes and things to see. I think I'll head up to the coast north of corpus christi for a few days on the beach then head north to Houston for a few days. then northeast into Louisiana before heading north to the Natchez chase. I have washed the truck and trailer and packed up most of the things one puts out when in an site for a month........solar lights, chairs, mats, bbq, etc. Check air in tires, torque nuts on wheels, and top up fluid levels and clean holding tanks. the wind today is from the north but is scheduled to be from the southeast tomorrow to help blow me north. going to miss the Valley it is a very friendly location with lots to do.
Doug.

1 comment:

  1. Doug,

    Sad to say we're packing up too. Thanks for your tips on starting our blog. Check it out at http://pjkralik.blogspot.com

    Paul

    ReplyDelete