Wednesday, March 4, 2009

on the border

Another beautiful day here highs in the low 80's not a cloud in the sky but still a bit windy. I got up this morning and headed into the Bentsen Palm State park. I walked as it is just across the street. What a wonderful place. A number of years ago they stopped all camping and vehicle traffic in the park and gave it over to hikers and bikers and birds. I have posted a number of pictures at http://picasaweb.google.ca/collindo99/20090303#
walked all through the park and was able to photograph Javalina, many different birds and the Rio Grande river with Mexico on the other side. Lots of birders here and when they stop they ask what did you see ........unfortunately usually all I could say was birds and then they would list off all the different species they had seen. I guess I'll have to study my bird book so I can name a few. There are lots of border patrol personnel here in jeeps, trucks, cars, horseback and in the air in helicopters and planes. Finished my walk at around 11 and then met a couple of people in the RV park that I had met up in Ontario at a Titanium get together. We are all looking forward to the free Margarita Hour they have here in the park every Wednesday evening. The owner is always looking for feedback and figured if he gives you free booze he has the right to ask questions about what you want in a camping experience to improve his park..........hey ask away. :-) Oh about the microwave issue Sue and I have decided to wait until I return to Ontario and then have Morry's replace it with a convection microwave and pay the difference. So will use the barbeque much more this trip. well off to soak up some rays.
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment