Tuesday, March 3, 2009

microwavinnnnggggg

I have spent two frustrating days making phone calls. As I mentioned before my microwave oven has crapped out. Won't heat an ice cube. .........anyway called my dealer in ontario who got the people from Glendale to call me. They said no problem just take it into a dealer here in Texas and they will process it through Dometic as it is covered by warranty. Sooooo I called a dealer in Donna Texas about 30 miles away who is a Dometic authorized repair facility and explained the situation to them. They said bring it in.......... well I asked if I could take the microwave out of the trailer and just bring it in.....as opposed to packing everthing up disconecting and driving the whole thing over for them to confirm the microwave was kaput and then drive back set up again and wait for them to get a new one delievered then pack up again to get the new one installed. He had to ask his manager if that was possible............well he phoned me back and said no can't do that just call Dometic and they'll send you a new one and gave me a number to call......you guessed it wrong number..........sooooo I called Glendale back and they couldn't understand what the Texas dealership's problem was and took my info. again and said they would contact Dometic for me and get back to me. Well they called today and said Dometic would only deal with the owner (me) and gave me the number to call..........I called and they said just take it to the dealer.........they look after warranty issues..........I explained that they sent me to them and so they contacted the dealership to sort it out and got back to me to say that the dealership would take care of me if I still wanted to deal with them and they gave me the numbers of two other places if I didn't.......... this is 24 hours later and I looked at how to get the microwave out of the rig and guess what it is not so straight forward and Sue (bless her heart) suggested that she really wanted a convection/microwave all along............so I called Morry's again and they told me if I wanted to bring it back to them they would look after the warranty issue and replace it with a convection/microwave........... so now for the big decision to wait and upgrade or just get a replacement down here.......... haven't contacted Sue on that one yet. Other than those inconviences life has been good the weather is fantastic.........sunny breezy and highs in the 70's I have explored more of the surrounding area and continuallly amazed by the diversity of bird and plant life here. This is a gorgeous park. Well off to take some pics. Hope to get them posted tomorrow as well as have a decision made on the microwave.
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment