Friday, February 27, 2009

hot hot hot

I am sitting here in the rec hall at the Fig Tree rv resort. It is air conditioned in here hooray because it was 93 degrees F. today and very windy........cold front coming through tomorrow so the highs will only get up into the 70's The hot temps. are making it uncomfortable with my shingles........ hope they clear up soon. There is a country and western concert going on next door at the park. I met Genni and David Bailey who are from Brantford. They were very nice to invite me to accompany them doing the rounds of flea markets etc. tomorrow but I declined........don't want to spread the shingles around (wouldn't wish them on anyone else). I am also having a problem with the microwave in the RV it comes on turntable goes round but it doesn't heat up anything at all......and of course it is Friday soooooo I guess I'll have to wait till next week to get it looked at. I did e-mail the dealership hopefully they can arrange somewhere for me to get it looked at. Lots more here down in the valley to do and it is alot greener than just north of here where the drought is much worse. I am here for two nights and then Sunday I go over to Mission, (a short 45 minute drive) and the Bensen Palms Village park where I will be for the next month. The fact that the microwave is not working means I have an excuse to try out a few of the local restaurants as it is too hot to use the stove and oven in the RV or so I think
:-)

2 comments:

  1. So am I to feel sorry for you!!! Poor baby, 90 and shingles, actually the shingles suck...relaxing should not bring them on. A couple shots of tequila and a good nights sleep should do the trick. Glad to hear the trip is going well. Saw Sue today and she is ready to hit the warmth. Can't wait till I can.

    Take care chat soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll take your low temperatures right now. I can't get warm! Meeting Sue for coffee on Tues.
    Feel better. Shingles are just plain nasty. You couldn't just get a common cold eh??
    Deb

    ReplyDelete