Tuesday, February 3, 2009

another day in paradise

Watched the superbowl in the rec hall and met a couple from London, ontario who are just travelling around sleeping in a tent or the back of their pickup. Glad I had solid walls as it was a bit chilly last night.............got down to the low 40's but warmed up to the 70's during the day. Well I got one book read (the Appeal by John Grisham) and have started another one.(The Island) I am continuing to go on morning and evening walks and am facinated by the nightly display of thousands of birds coming in each evening to roost in the marsh area behind the RV. I put a few more pics in my photo gallery at http://picasaweb.google.ca/collindo99 Today I went on a trip noth to Corpus Christi and out to the outer islands. Followed some smoke which turned out to be a controlled burn. I ended up at Goose Island state park (few pics in the photo gallery) then came back down the coast. They are expecting a big increase in March break this year because of the damage up Galveston way. I also stopped and did some shopping ......... got a pair of sandles for $5.00 as well as groceries and laundry pins (guess I'll have to do laundry soon) I also swapped out the smoke detector that was in the RV with a new one that has a hush feature...now I can burn toast without waking up the whole campground. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment