Sunday, February 15, 2009

Getting into a Routine

Well they repaired the WIFI here at the park...... kinda...... It is not as powerful or as fast as before....but I only have a couple of more weeks here then off further south. I can check e-mail and use Skype to talk to Sue and occasionally I can get onto my blog to update it. The temps. here have been pleasant with highs in the 70's to 80's and lows in the low 60's or high 50's.
The residents here have been getting ready for their big Valentine’s Day dance I have put a couple of pics in the photo gallery of that as well as a few pics of the "Threads of Love" program they do here at the park. Basically the women make clothing for newborns and on this week the men were finishing building small caskets for still born or small newborns that die. I guess the local hospital has a need for these as they just finished 15 and were asked for more. Too bad the demand is there but kudos to the people here for helping out. I have been walking along the beach but it really isn't a big beach area. It is really not sand as such but piles of small shells piled up. The big beach areas are out on the Barrier Island (Padre Island) where you can drive your vehicle right on the wide beaches. I will eventually get out there but you have to go up to Corpus Christi or south to Brownsville to get out there. I still am amazed by the variety and numbers of birds in the area. North of Corpus Christi is the Aranasas wetlands area winter home to whooping cranes and thousands of other seabirds. Around here are geese, pelicans,
Plovers, ducks and many other shorebirds as well as thousands of smaller birds.Check out the pics at
http://picasaweb.google.ca/collindo99

No comments:

Post a Comment