Saturday, February 6, 2010

Whataburger

Arrived at Fun n Sun in San Benito Texas just north of Brownsville in bright sunshine and warm temps. (used the air conditioner for the first time). I am now in site number 1 which basically is in the parking lot (with full hookups however) as the lot I am suppose to be on is too wet to put a heavy trailer on yet. They have had all the rain I had further north so everything is soaked. Hopefully in a day or two I will be able to move over to my regular site for the next two months. As I was setting up I had a visit from one of the members of the Titanium owners group who was visiting various parks looking for Titanium trailers to let everyone know about the owners luncheon in the valley in march. I also met up with Paul and Jane who I met last year. They invited me over to their place for supper which I readily accepted.
As my fridge was kinda bare I set out for the local grocery store and decided to pick up lunch at the local Whataburger store. This is a local Texas chain of hamburger joints, whey are quite big down here in Texas and they have been advertising their "patty melt" on TV........... well the ads finally got to me so I stopped in for two patties on Texas toast smothered in cheese and grilled onions with a side of onions rings and a coke. Lots of grease, a gazillion calories I'm sure but sure did taste good.
Arrived at Paul and Jane's for supper at 6:30 and needless to say was still full from the Whataburger. Jane however always has some neat things to eat (last year she showed me how to make fresh guacamole) this year it was a new vegetable (some spanish name) which was like a cross between a turnip and an apple. sprinkled with a spicy chili powder. Interesting taste Anyway Paul barbecued pork chops, to go with sweet potatoes, salad, onions and corn bread. Very delicious. They then filled me in on what is available in this park. whooooo lots to do. you can be busy all day every day if you want. I'll need some time to peruse everything and pick and choose what I want to do. Well sunny day in the mid to upper 70's tomorrow and I will start it off with an all you can eat pancake breakfast put on by the park in the morning. Gonna have to start walking big time or it will be blimp Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment