Monday, February 22, 2010

Go Canada Go

I can now declare my Internet problems fixed as all has been stable for a week now. It has been warming up here upper 70's today and things are starting to dry out. last Thursday it rained all day and night and when I woke up looked out and my electrical connection was almost underwater. I have a surge protector and so my electrical connector hangs down lower than most and the point where the surge protector joins with the electrical cable was only about 1/4 of an inch above the growing puddle. Soooo not sure if this was a good idea but waded out into the puddle and was able to reach in to throw the breaker on the post then tied the surge protector up so it was two inches above the water and turned things back on. Anyway the rains stopped and the water drained away quickly around the post because the water was above my sewer inlet and so it drained down there. Hope we don't get any more rains like that. Of course the area just off my steps into the RV was a mud puddle so pulled the outdoor carpet I have up to let it dry.
Sunday morning I drove into San Benito and attended the local Episcopalian church service very similar to ours back home.
I have been following the Olympics but of course only have American TV, a friend here at the park Paul went on cruise vacation this week (yes we do go on vacations) and left me the keys to his RV so I could use his satellite dish to pick up the CTV coverage which I used last night to see the US/Canada hockey game. (no comment) Thanks Paul.
Today I checked out a few prices on tonneau covers then headed for South Padre Island which is only about 40 Min's. from here. The beach was great, however there was a cool breezed blowing off the gulf. I had lunch at Dirty Als - Shrimp and fish yummie. I also filled up a few containers with sand and spread that out under my step back at the park, then put the mat down again hopefully that will solve my mud problems.
Well off to the pool for a dip.
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment