Monday, February 8, 2010

off the parking lot into the park

It is Monday and the ground is finally solid enough to get onto a lot. I have been parked (at a full hookup spot) in the parking lot. My new address is Doug Collins, site O160, 1400 Zillock Rd, San Benito, Texas, 78586 As luck would have it I was able to just drive in from the back end of this lot as it was empty and set up without too much trouble. I then set about capping off the cold water supply to the faulty mixing valve in my water heater and after some frustration finally got it to work with no leaks (yeah) I cleaned the basement of the RV out and the truck as well. The park has WiFi but it is only free if you go to the computer room. We do have cable TV here included with the site sooooo I went to Time Warner and signed up for Cable Internet. They have a month by month plan which is quite reasonable. I picked up the modem and start up kit from them and set about setting it up........ frustration time. first the power supply they gave me was faulty. Then the modem would not connect to the Internet it took 3 calls and long waits for IT support before they were finally able to reset everything and I now have hi speed cable Internet for my stay here. The weather was beautiful today temps up in the high 70's and the wind died down. Would have been nice to enjoy it ..... however at least I now have everything all set up and ready to go for the next 2 months here.
I also picked up the activity guide here. They have hundreds of activities here as they say something for everyone. I think I'll check out the computer club and might also take in the carving club as well. I posted my address above and my phone number down here is
956-245-0412
If the weather holds out I will try to get some pics of this place tomorrow to post.
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment