Thursday, February 4, 2010

Still floating

We didn't get as much rain as forecast only about 2 inches .... but it was windy and wet all day yesterday. Finished another book and went into Kingsville to the movie theatre. I saw the "Book of Eli" with Denzel Washington. Good action with a different twist to it but it did drag in spots. Usually when I go to the movies in the evening I skip supper cause I know I will be getting a large popcorn which I did. It was the worse popcorn I have ever eaten.......so bad I left 3/4 of the bag uneaten and in the trash. Oh well the movie was only $5.00. Today the temps are up in the mid to high 60's so was able to get out this morning and go for a long walk.....felt good to get out and about. I also attended the computer club they have here at the park.
Mostly a beginners group but I was able to help a few people out with computer stuff which felt good. Tomorrow I will be packing up and heading on down to the Fun n Sun resort for 2 months. They have lots of activities in the park and I look forward to getting involved. It will also serve as home base for side trips into Mexico and around the valley and to South Padre Island beaches.
What a difference a year makes last year this place was in the middle of a drought that had gone on for quite a while this year flooding all over. At least things are a lot greener this year. Tomorrow is forecast to be a beautiful warm sunny day. Last year in almost 4 months of being down here I experienced just 3 days of rain this year in just 2 weeks have had 7 days of rain so hope it is over, got to work on my tan. I also hope to get many more photos to share.
As a side note they are having an election here is Texas and one of the candidates for govenor has ads about the educational system down here and how the last education reform forced teachers to teach to the test as everything is based on testing. (sound familiar) Now they want to get back to basics and cut back on the testing. hummmmm
Not sure how the WiFi is at the next park but hope to be able to post regularly.
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment