Tuesday, February 2, 2010

natural wash

The weather this week is not forecast to be the best here. Highs in the 50's and they just issued a special weather alert for here. Guess I didn't have to rush to wash the trailer as we are expected to get 2 to 5 inches of rain tomorrow, with flash flood warnings. I should be OK as when I got the new truck we had to raise the trailer on its axles so it sits higher and I will throw out an anchor so I don't end up in the gulf of Mexico :-)
I have also had to change my nap schedule as the site I am in is directly across from where the skeet field is. soooooooo about 1pm every other day for about an hour its bang bang ..... bang as the shooters try to kill those clay pigeons with there shotguns. Will have to go and show them how to do it tomorrow (ya right)
I forgot to mention I went to church service here on Sunday. It is a non-denominational service using southern baptist books. The pastor is southern baptist and it sure is different from what I am use to. During the service the pastor set the Karaoke machine going and sang a song using it. It was enjoyable and I was able to meet up with a lot of the folks who remembered me from staying here last year.
I have been doing battle with a cell phone provider for the last few days. I purchased a Net10 phone at walmart on the way down. It is one of those throw away phones you can get .... cost $30 and that gets you the phone charger and 300 minutes of airtime for 60 days which of course you can top up if needed. the coverage is good and it only costs 10 cents per minute for air time. The problem is if you want to use it for international calls say to Canada you have to register for that (15 cents a minute) which I did.........then wait for them to activate it. well I am still waiting..... 6 days later after emails and phone calls to them. Guess I'll call them again today to find out what the problem is. Well guess the next few days will be good ones to finish another book and clean up the inside of the rig.
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment