Saturday, January 24, 2009

Thawing out

Well I couldn't stand it anymore the winds were blowing cold sooooo at 1:30AM I started up the Dodge and got out of town..... boy was it windy, occasional flurries but nothing major....Got to the border in Detroit about 5:15 am and hey single guy trailer going to Texas............. got pulled over 3 border guards kept asking me so your alone? then they all piled in the trailer (dirty boots and all) found my stash of cereal and 12 bottles of beer on the wall. Still not satisfied they called the agricultural inspector over luckily his dirty boots didn't go in as one of the guards said he's OK just cereal and beer :-) anyway finally got through Detroit's horrible roads detours and all and ended up at 3Pm at least I think it was then not sure about the time zone here at Elizabethtown Kentucky. Got the trailer set up and as the temp is 2 degrees C. the snow on the roof is finally melting. I put out the slides and am putting everything in its place as we couldn't open the slides at home (frozen) well off to the grocery store for some milk for my cereal. I'll save the beer for another time. Not sure if I'll stay here one night or two depends on the weather and if I recover from the 14 hours of straight driving. furnace and fireplace are on and it is up to 14 degrees C. in the trailer now.
Will try to check in again tomorrow.
Doug.

2 comments: