Thursday, January 15, 2009

oiled up

Took the truck in today to get it checked out and have the oil changed. Love that Cummins turbo diesel but boy does it drink alot of oil. I'm using synthetic oil and at almost $10.00 a litre Ouch expensive. Oh well the truck is checked out and everything is AOK Got my trailer batteries in the basement and have them on the charger so they are all topped up. Now to start putting all the things one needs for 3 months together in piles to go back into the trailer. Not sure why I took everything out in the fall but do look forward to getting a place where I can park the rig at home and load it at my leisure.
Hey remind me not to post pics of myself again............ I look scary with short hair.....OK OK I know I look scary anyway ........why do you think I married a beautiful woman ........to cancel my looks out. (already starting to suck up) :-)
I have been using streets and trips and google maps to plan a route down south....I want to move quickly far enough south to get into warmer temps then take a slower route the rest of the way to the Rio Grand valley.
My son is home now so will probably enlist his help in loading the trailer.
I have my out of province medical set up 62 days on my wife's plan then top up from Medipac. A couple of people suggested to me to buy a pay as you go phone at a walmart once in the states as these are cheap (I like cheap) so I will check that out.

No comments:

Post a Comment