Friday, January 29, 2010

sitting down for a while

The day started windy wet and overcast. I left Houston early and headed to Goose Island State park. Instead of following the computer map I decided to follow Susie (my GPS) as she was pointing down some secondary roads which I like to follow when I've got the time. You really get to see the "real" country that way. Well that was fine until I hit construction and had no choice but to go down a roadway underconstruction ..... not really gravel but basically mud.....my poor rig was already dirty and got a mud bath. Thankfully the rain started again so once back on the paved roads alot of the mud got washed off.
Drove by the Aransas wildlife area (that's where the Whooping cranes winter) and saw lots of birds flying in the winds............ got to Goose Island State park and realized it was a Friday......duuuuuh. don't really keep track of what day it is anymore so found out they were full for the weekend. Sooooooo on to plan B which was to continue on to Seawind RV resort near Kingsville. Arrived there in bright sunshine and got a site for at least one week. I have included a few pics of my site here. http://picasaweb.google.ca/collindo99
Doug.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got out of northern texas and down towards the warmer weather of the RGV - althought it is a bit nippy this morning :-)

    Is this the campground you went shooting last year?? P&J

    ReplyDelete