Sunday, January 24, 2010

On the Road again

I started out at 2AM on Saturday morning. Nice easy drive down to Sarnia to cross over into the states. Easy border crossing this time no grilling just friendly questions then down interstate 65. Got down to Elizabethtown Kentucky around 4pm and setup camp at the same campground I used last year. The temps were in the upper 50's awe warmth. was going to stay a few days here but they couldn't get the Internet to work sooooo packed up in the rain Sunday morning and headed further south. I was going to get down to Mississippi but was stymied by a bad traffic accident on the interstate north of Nashville. I used the backup as an excuse to pull off and go to a Cracker Barrel for Lunch.....figured I'd wait out the backup but the traffic didn't start moving so asked the locals what was the best bypass road to take down to Nashville .... they told me and so I set out and met up with thousands of other truckers using the same route so the pace was stop and go on this route as well. Approaching Nashville I started to get a cramp in my leg just as I noticed I was coming up to a campground I had used on my trek north last spring.......so in I went and set up for the night. This gave me an excuse to go into Nashville to visit camping world which I did. Their WiFi works as well hence this blog.
I have posted a few pics of my new truck and of my travelling companion this year. Moe was a gift from Pat a colleague who passed away last spring. I will probably let Moe tell some of the tails of this winter's adventures in future blogs. Pics are posted here.
http://picasaweb.google.ca/collindo99
I am hoping to get down into Mississippi tomorrow will post when I can.
Doug.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you made it out of the north country and are now heading to the 'warm' country. Safe trip. Paul

    ReplyDelete