Tuesday, January 12, 2010

making plans

I just realized looking over the last few entries OK OK the last many entries I always start with "well" guess I better try to change things up a bit. So here goes..............
Can't wait to get on the road again. I have put things in high gear and even called my insurance people to push up the date of my leaving by a week. I hope to get out of here by Jan. 23 and start the mad dash down to warmer weather......... I know your saying it isn't much warmer down there from what we hear....well yes it is cooler than normal but the daytime highs are still up in the 50's, 60's and 70's which is much better than the teens and 20's here. The family was all together last weekend for the christening of my great niece Abby or Abbo as her big brother Sammy calls her. Have heard a few of my former collegues are going to be joining the ranks of the retired soon. Unfortunately I won't be there to help them celebrate but wish them well on the next phase of their lives. I certainly am enjoying it.
I have plotted out my intended first day driving on the map on the right. Long drive but made it that far last year.
Thatttsss all for now folks.
Doug.

1 comment:

  1. Yup it is a whole lot better here. On our first two nights I disconnected the water hose from the trailer since it went below freezing - but since then have not had to worry. Daytime we are hitting mid 60's to early 70's. Drops down at night to the 50's but will be getting warmer. So you all come down and safe trip with your new haulin beast. :-) Paul

    ReplyDelete