Saturday, March 27, 2010

heating up here

I am having withdrawal symptoms now that sue is back home at work. :-( It is true that distanace makes the heart grow fonder. Last Monday I met Dave and Genni Bailey from Brantford, Ontario at the Longhorn restaurant for Lunch All I had was a baked potatoe which if you looked at the picture of the one Sue got at this restaruant when she was down you will know why it filled me up. After Lunch I invited Dave and Genni back to Fun and Sun for a tour. Dave is the activities director at the Fig Tree RV Park that they stay at (a much smaller park) and was interested in what we did at this park. I think he was a bit in awe of the size and number of activities and facitlities we have here. Paul and Jane joined us for drinks at my rig as well. I washed the RV roof on Tuesday and on Wed. got into trouble with the ladies here at the park as while in the pool I started walking in a counter clockwise direction.......????? I guess there is an unwritten rule that traffic in the pool goes only one way (maybe to get the water moving in a lazy river motion) anyway I guess I'm just a rule breaker and a few of the ladies let me know it. :-0 Oh my ......some seniors are so so so well senior. I have been taking advantage of the warm weather and sunny skies and have worked on my tan. Today Saturday I headed off to the DonWes Flea market (this one is set up for RVer's) then dropped into the Weslaco Onionfest. Pictures are posted here. http://picasaweb.google.ca/collindo99 Interesting afternoon. I met a couple of winter Texans but these ones were only from the Texas panhandle. We had a nice chat while standing in line waiting for a Blooming Onion. She informed me that she could not sleep at night if she didn't have her gun with her. Oh well ya don't mess with older Texans. I have great difficulty understanding that attitiude as well as the depth of feeling here in Texas from Seniors against the health care bill. They say they don't want "socialized" medical yet they all take advantage of there seniors health program which I believe is a government program. Oh well for all it's shortcomings I'll stick with the Ontario Health care program, and am glad we got it. well back out to enjoy a few more of those 90 degree rays.
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment