Thursday, March 4, 2010

I'm alive I'm alive

Had a good time at the Titanium Luncheon yesterday and afterwords visited the DonWes Flea market. Today I went to the morning Koffee Klutch but was a good boy and didn't have any of the very sugary donuts. The Valley Baptist Medical center had a health fair here this morning to highlight there services and I had a number of tests done for free. My blood pressure was 120 over 82 almost perfect. My blood sugar after having breakfast was 84 which was very good and I also stood in line for a long while to get an ABI test. That's a Ankle/Brachial Index to see if I was at risk for PAD that's Peripheral Arterial Disease. They use a Doppler machine to compare your blood pressure readings of the arms and legs. As my father has this I figured I better check it out. I came out with a reading of 1 which generally means normal. soooooo I'm alive and good for another 50years or 500,000 Kms. As it was near noon when I finished the tests I decided to get lunch at the lunch counter they have here in the park. Today I had an open faced hot pork sandwich with mashed potatoes and bread pudding for desert. This afternoon I did some maintenance chores around the trailer had a nap and then went for a long walk. Temps were good with partly sunny skies.
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment