Monday, April 13, 2009

What a light show

Well I made it to Natchez State Park in Mississippi. Three nights here but no internet at all. Peaceful execpt for Sunday. The skies went dark Sunday afternoon and my weather alert radio kept sounding alarms every 30 minutes.....severe thunderstorm warnings, tornado warnings and flash flood warnings. We got lots of rain very heavy downpours but the winds weren't as bad as predicted where I was. They did get damage north of where I was. The campground was full as the easter weekend is like our May 24th weekend the first big camping weekend. Got some hiking in and finished another book. I left Natchez early Monday morning and followed the natchez trace a parkway going north east to Nashville. Commercial traffic is banned this parkway is limited to 50 miles per hour and is for bikers and tourists. No stops for the entire length. I made it just over halfway to Tupelo Elvis Presley's birthplace and am spending the night. Nice campground with good WiFi so I can get this on and check e-mail. I'm only here for one night then further north to just north of Nashville. Should be home by the weekend if the weather is warmer up there :-)
I have posted new pics check them out at http://picasaweb.google.ca/collindo99
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment