Thursday, January 6, 2011

gearing up for Christmas number 2

Christmas was a bit different this year as I had to call an ambulance for my father on Dec. 23 He had a cold that moved down into his chest and made him quite stuffed up. On a 93 year old that is not a good thing so off to the hospital where he was for a full week. This kinda changed our Christmas plans as the number of people coming to our house for Christmas dinner kept changing. Oh well a smaller group this year only 12 but a good time non the less. My father is now home and on the mend but a week in the hospital takes a toll on a 93 year old and it will take some time to get back to normal. I will be staying around Ontario this winter to help with caring for him. Now to Christmas number 2..... my daughter who lives in Calgary now has never missed a Christmas before but had to work this year sooooo she is flying in on Jan. 10th and my wife assured her that we would have a Christmas with her then, sooooo, that means all the decorations stay up and we will be having another Christmas dinner while she is here. I hope the weather co-operates and she has a good flight into Kitchener with no major snow storms to contend with.
Hasn't been bad here so far this winter. I still haven't used the snow blower once yet this season.
To all a very Happy New Year
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment