Saturday, November 27, 2010

Christmas crowds

Well temps went down last night to -6 degrees C. and the wind was a howling. Started to (caution four letter word) snow mid morning...........but not too bad so decided to head up to Cambridge to go to Costco. Got about 15 km north of here and it started coming down big time had about 4 cm on the ground already. It got so bad I decided to turn around and head home. About 2 km north of town it cleared up and the snow was melting as it hit the ground so just wisps of white in the low areas, funny how the weather can be so different between two close communities. Went into Brantford to see if inspiration would hit for a few gifts I need to get. Well the Christmas crowds were out in full force. hurry, hurry, jostle here, jostle there, everyone in a rush. Didn't get inspired much on the gift side but met the DW in town and we finally did it.......... yes after many many years of wedded bliss we finally............... bought an artificial Christmas tree. Yikes another thing that needs to be put together. I hope I don't end up with spare pieces when I'm finished like I usually do. That little foray up to Cambridge got we wondering why I'm not heading down south about now. Maybe after the holidays. :-(
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment