Sunday, June 26, 2011

What else could have gone wrong?

Well had the open house today and Sue and I worked hard for the last few days getting everything spiffy for the showing. Sue was off to a bridal shower and I stayed around till the Realtor got here, then handed off to him for the 2 hour showing. I went up to visit my father who was alone as my mother was with Sue at the shower.....had no sooner gotten there when my phone rang it was the realtor (Dave Schouten) calling to ask if I knew I had a leak in the basement between the hot water heater and the furnace/air conditioner....... No everything was fine when I did a last walk through 1/2 hour before he arrived. Went right back home to discover that the hot water heater was leaking and it was getting worse........what lousy timing as people were showing up to view the house. The heater was a rental so I called the company and they said they would send someone over. I turned the water off and left again. 1 hour later I got another call saying the repair guy was there and was replacing the tank. Oh well all we could do was tell the people visiting that if they bought they were getting a new hot water heater. :-) Dave also informed me that a lady viewing the backyard got stung by a wasp and that he found the nest on the bottom of a small stool I had near the hot tub. He found a hockey stick and got the stool and nest out of there but a little boy with another group also got stung. What a day ..........Oh well lots of people toured the house hope something comes of it.
Doug.

No comments:

Post a Comment