Friday, November 20, 2009

The leaves are falling the leaves are falling oh there down

Well the weather is getting colder, the days shorter and my envy is rising for all the travellers that are either on there way or already down south. Oh well it will be some time before I head down to join you. I did however take in something I couldn't during my working time and that is the Friday the 13th Port Dover day. Every Friday the 13th no matter what month bikers by the thousands decend on the small village of Port Dover on Lake Erie for a get together. This year Friday the 13th of Nov. was blessed with sunny skies and warm temps so thousands showed up. The first thing that struck me as I strolled down the main drag was "boy there are a lot of bikers" it was filled from curb to curb with every type of motorcycle imaginable. big ones small ones custom jobs and fancy dancy just plain very expensive ones. The diversity of bikes was only matched by the diversity of riders all shapes and sizes. Now if your thinking bikers -- Hell's angels gangs etc. that really wouldn't fit this crowd of about 30,000 most seemed to be boomers who were trying to recapture their youth. Anyway it was fun strolling around and taking in the sites. I have posted some pics here. Http://picasaweb.google.ca/collindo99

No comments:

Post a Comment